Sunday, Jul 24 2016
(Eastern Standard Time)
- A full list of CVTA Master Instructors, Safety Professionals, Senior Master is available here.
- This list is updated quarterly, and the last updates were uploaded on July 6, 2016.
- We are expecting to add more new instructors in the Summer of 2016. So stay tuned for our Quarterly Instructor Newsletters.
Lead Instructors: Please utilize your Gradebook. It will show you the instructors performances in detail.
It is a great tool to resolve any dispute because all records in the "Gradebook" are final and official. The Gradebook can be reached under "Manage Learning" tab. If you cannot see instructors under your supervision or if you find instructors who do not work for you any more, please contact CVTA. Below shows how to use Gradebook:
This function is available to Lead Instructors only.
- Click on Manage Learning tab
- Click Search at the bottom
- Then a list of people will appear.
- Click > button on the left of each instructor to see her performance.
Instructors: Please ignore the levels in your "My Transcript." Your level is strictly determined by the number of tests you have passed.
New Users: In order to newly register in the system, you must have a key. Please contact your lead instructor to get the key.
Lead Instructors: Please contact us via your work email to receive key for your location.
This will verify that you are one of our members.
Existing Users: Do NOT use your old id. You must use your first and last name without anything between them: i.e. johndoe.
Instructors who transferred to another location or school, please contact CVTA office via your registered email.
The requirements for the various levels of instructor certification
are as follows:
In order to take the Safety Professional Tests, you must be a Level 5 Master Instructor. Please contact us to get a discount for the required book, “Safety for the Long Haul.”
- Level 1: 450 Hours of Teaching Experience and any 3 Regular Modules
- Level 2: 900 Additional Hours and any 6 Regular Additional Modules
- Level 3: 900 Additional Hours and any 6 Regular Additional Modules
- Level 4: 900 Additional Hours and any 6 Regular Additional Modules
- Level 5
Master Instructor*: 450 Additional Hours and any 3 Regular Additional Modules
- Certified Safety Professional* Level 1 Safety Test Chap 1 & 2
- Certified Safety Professional Level 2 Safety Test Chap 3, 4, 5 & 6
- Certified Safety Professional Level 3 Safety Test Chap 7, 8, 9 & 10
- Certified Safety Professional Level 4 Safety Test Chap 11, 12 & 13 *
In order to take the Senior Master Tests, you must be a Level 5 Master Instructor.
* In order to keep Master Instructor status you must take 2 additional exams within 2 years. If one takes all 33 modules and thus maxed out, his/her master status will not expire.
Certified Senior Master Level 1 4 Senior Master Tests
- Certified Senior Master Level 2 4 Additional Senior Master Tests
- Certified Senior Master Level 3 4 Additional Senior Master Tests
- Certified Senior Master Level 4 3 Additional Senior Master Tests
* You must be a Master Instructor to take Safety Level tests
* The sequence of the Safety Level tests is CVTA's recommendation, not a requirement
- My Profile: The button shows
at the top-right corner after you log-in. Please provide with your information. This is where you change your password. We will also ask your email during the user information
change. Other fields are optional.
HOW TO TAKE THE TEST
- Click "My Learning Path" to
see "My Courses."
- Click the course you want to take.
- Click Grade Exam when you
are done. Exit Exam will cancel
All of your previously taken tests have been moved from the old
system to the new system.
- Click My Transcript to see
the test you have taken previously.
Now you are all set to start testing.
If you have any questions please call the CVTA office and speak to
either Cindy or Charlie 703-642-9444. Email works as well.
Click here to send an email.