Thursday, Jan 29 2015
(Eastern Standard Time)
List of available modules for the new Senior Master Program
To purchase, please call AAVIM 800-228-4689 or fax 706-742-7005 or email email@example.com. Please do NOT use their online shopping to purchase modules. The complete modules are not available online.
To download the order form, please click here.
E-1 - Project Instructional Resource Needs
E-10 - Combat Problems of Student Chemical Use
E-4 - Maintain a Filing System
F-4 - Provide Information on Education and Career Opportunities
F-5 - Assist Students in Applying for Employment or Further Education
I-1 - Keep up to Date Professionally
I-2 - Serve Your Teaching Profession
I-3 - Develop an Active Personal Philosophy of Education
I-4 - Serve the School and Community
I-7 - Plan the Student Teaching Experience
I-8 - Supervise Student Teachers
L-2 - Identify and Diagnose Exceptional Students
L-7 - Use Instructional Techniques to Meet the Needs of Exceptional Students
L-8 - Improve Your Communication Skills
M-3 - Assist Students in Improving Their Writing Skills
M-4 - Assist Students in Improving Their Oral Communication Skills
Dear CVTA Instructors,
It is my pleasure to announce the release of CVTA's New Senior Master Instructor Certification Program.
The Senior Master Program will allow hundreds of CVTA Master Instructors to further hone their ability to train America's future commercial drivers in many new subject areas.
The new program is a four level series of instruction and 16 modular tests only available to CVTA Master Instructors. If you are a Master Instructor, you can begin with any module in the series labeled Senior Master Course and complete them at your own pace as in other existing programs. Upon successful completion of the new program, CVTA office will send you certifications for your instructors. The system has the same structure with other CVTA programs. However, you will find more options when you become a master instructor: You can take Safety Professional path, Senior Master path, or both simultaneously.
We recommend all Master Instructors complete this new program. So begin your new program today!
For more details, please visit our updated FAQ.
Larry Marsh, Chairman
Membership Services Committee
Lead Instructors: Please utilize your "Gradebook" this week. It will show you the instructors performances in detail.
It is a great tool to resolve any dispute because all records in the "Gradebook" are final and official. The Gradebook can be reached under "Manage Learning" tab. If you cannot see instructors under your supervision or if you find instructors who do not work for you any more, please contact CVTA. We will fix the problem for you. Below is how to use Gradebook:
This function is available to Lead Instructors only. Lead Instructors can only check instructors under their own supervision. (Thanks to the key.)
- Click on Manage Learning tab
- Click Search at the bottom
- Then a list of people will appear.
- Click > button on the left of each instructor to see her performance.
Instructors: Please ignore the levels in your "My Transcript." It is a bug and we are working on it. Your level is strictly determined by the number of tests you have passed. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
|New Users: In order to newly register in the system, you must have a key. Please contact your lead instructor to get the key.
Lead Instructors: Please contact us via your work email to receive key for your location.
This will verify that you are one of our members.
Existing Users: Do NOT use your old id. You must use your first and last name without anything between them: i.e. johndoe.
We must use this key system to prevent general public coming in to register. We apologize for inconvenience.
Instructors who transferred to another location or school, please contact CVTA office via your registered email.
|The requirements for the various levels of instructor certification
are as follows:
In order to take the Safety Professional Tests, you must be a Level 5 Master Instructor. Please contact us to get a discount for the required book, “Safety for the Long Haul.”
- Level 1: 450 Hours of Teaching Experience and any 3 Regular Modules
- Level 2: 900 Additional Hours and any 6 Regular Additional Modules
- Level 3: 900 Additional Hours and any 6 Regular Additional Modules
- Level 4: 900 Additional Hours and any 6 Regular Additional Modules
- Level 5
Master Instructor*: 450 Additional Hours and any 3 Regular Additional Modules
- Certified Safety Professional* Level 1 Safety Test Chap 1 & 2
- Certified Safety Professional Level 2 Safety Test Chap 3, 4, 5 & 6
- Certified Safety Professional Level 3 Safety Test Chap 7, 8, 9 & 10
- Certified Safety Professional Level 4 Safety Test Chap 11, 12 & 13 *
In order to take the Senior Master Tests, you must be a Level 5 Master Instructor.
* In order to keep Master Instructor status you must take 2 additional exams within 2 years. If one takes all 33 modules and thus maxed out, his/her master status will not expire.
Certified Senior Master Level 1 4 Senior Master Tests
- Certified Senior Master Level 2 4 Additional Senior Master Tests
- Certified Senior Master Level 3 4 Additional Senior Master Tests
- Certified Senior Master Level 4 4 Additional Senior Master Tests
* You must be a Master Instructor to take Safety Level tests
* The sequence of the Safety Level tests is CVTA's recommendation, not a requirement
- My Profile: The button shows
at the top-right corner after you log-in. Please provide with your information. This is where you change your password. We will also ask your email during the user information
change. Other fields are optional.
HOW TO TAKE THE TEST
- Click "My Learning Path" to
see "My Courses."
- Click the course you want to take.
- Click Grade Exam when you
are done. Exit Exam will cancel
All of your previously taken tests have been moved from the old
system to the new system.
- Click My Transcript to see
the test you have taken previously.
Now you are all set to start testing.
If you have any questions please call the CVTA office and speak to
either Cindy or Charlie 703-642-9444. Email works as well.
Click here to send an email.
This new FAQs section is an attempt to answer all the questions you have been asking. The FAQs includes:
Click Here to see our FAQs. You can also go to "Frequently Asked Questions" at the top-right corner of this page.
How to Get Started
- Programs Structure
- List of Available Tests
- How to order booklets
- Internet Explorer Trusted Site Setup